Repair Decayed or Damaged Teeth with Natural-Looking Dental Fillings
Do you have cavities or damaged teeth? Choice Dental can help. Our resident dentist, Dr. Taipei, can assess your teeth for a dental filling that looks, feels, and functions naturally. The first symptom you might notice that indicates you could need a filling is a toothache, chip, or crack. These are all reparable with restorative dentistry. Dental fillings are commonly used are a reliable solution for tooth decay and can be made in a variety of materials, although we prefer to use porcelain and composite resin at Choice Dental as these as color-matched to your teeth with a custom shade.
What Does Getting a Dental Filling Involve?
The steps to getting a dental filling usually are:
- Ensuring your comfort and telling you of what you can expect for the upcoming filling
- Applying a numbing medicine so you only feel pressure but no pain during the procedure
- Isolating the tooth to be filled so its stays dry from saliva
- Carefully removing the decay
- Applying a bonding agent with composite resin
- Hardening the materials with the use of a special light
- Shaping, smoothing, and polishing the restoration
Who Is Eligible for Dental Fillings?
While most people who have mild or moderate dental decay are good candidates for dental fillings, some people have decay past the point of where a filling would be a worthwhile treatment. If this is your case, Dr. Taipei may recommend a different treatment path such as having a root canal or dental implant followed by dental crown placement.
If you need a dental exam, please contact our Marshall, TX office today at (903) 751-1364.
Interested in Dental Financing?
We are committed to offering quality services at an affordable price for you and your family. Enroll in our financing options so you can save and smile!
Schedule Your Next Exam
Keep up to date with your dental hygiene! Visit our office for your regular cleaning exams.
- Our New Patient Resources
"They go above and beyond to make sure you get the most and best services for your money!"
Step 1 of 6Request an Appointment
Sat & Sun